Kitchen sink water supply rough in height. When you construct a sink in the kitchen for washing the pots then its height matters a lot for the complete and easy drain of water and waste food.
If it is built at a rough-in height then it can create problems of clog in the hose due to which water flow back into the sink and make a pool and bad smell in the kitchen.
Most manufacturers specify the normal and suitable height of a kitchen sink as 20″ above the level of the floor. If the plumber will not measure the proper height of the sink and pipes then it will be rough on stage.
In constructing the kitchen sink you will have to inspect and measure the rough-in measurements of both the supply line of water horizontal and vertical as well as you may also look at the releasing hole of water.
Kitchen sink water supply rough in height
The standard height for the kitchen sink drain extends from 20″ to 25″ inches. Its height depends on various factors like the height of the counter, the depth of the sink, etc.
It is very important to install the rough-in height with proper measurements because laying out all the things like pipes, hot and cold water taps, vents, and drain hoses.
If the height of any of the above things like the drain pipe will not be appropriate then water will not drain out completely and it will generate sewage and drainage problems in the future.
Let us talk in detail about this problem.
The first thing to do before plumbing a kitchen sink is you should properly measure the rough-in height of all the things. You will need a pencil, eraser, paper, ruler and measuring tape.
Measurement of kitchen sink
- First of all, take a ruler and pencil and estimate the depth of the sink and note it on the paper.
- After measuring the depth now calculate the complete length of the sink. You will start from that part that is curved and end at the bottom of the basin with the help of measuring tape.
- The next step to do after depth and length is measuring the width of the sink with tape from one side to the other side in the bottom.
- After taking estimation from the bottom you will also take measurements from the top of the sink.
- The next estimation is to estimate the proper measurement from the countertop hole from one corner to the other corner with the help of tape.
Factors to think about
- After taking the measurements you will have to consider the following steps for rough-in measurement of the kitchen sink.
- The location of the p-trap matters a lot because it has a lot of effect on the sink. P-trap must be installed at a height of 20″ below the sink.
- The next thing to consider is the size of the vent. Mostly the depth of sink drains is 6″. You can also bring the big drain sink to the kitchen.
- The distance of the sink pipe from the wall is not specified as long as you can easily connect them with each other.
Impact of drain height
The impact of drain height depends a lot on the proper installation of the kitchen sink. For rough-in fixing of the sink, the plumber will connect all the pipes and faucets and check the installation with the inspector.
If the inspector will pass and approved the work for safety then the plumber can install and fix the all studs with the pipes of the sink.
Pattern of rough-in sink drain
The basic meaning of roughing is how you fix the kitchen sink with the main sewer system using all the basic fixtures like p-trap, elbow and drain pipes, etc.
But before installation closes the supply o water and then clean the place where you will fix all the above things.
Make sure you should install all the fixtures according to the measurements and don’t forget to tighten them with the wrench. If you will fix your drain properly then it will decrease the issues of drainage in the future.
Rough-in height of the kitchen sink drain matters a lot when you construct a kitchen sink. It should be 20″ to 24″. It will give a proper drainage system and there will be very less chance of clog in the drain.