How to clean discolored enamel cookware. Food is an important part of life. But we cannot just eat everything raw. We need to cook it before we eat it. Enamel cookware is one of the kitchen utensils that helps us perform this task.
Cooking with it is fun, and all until the utensil becomes distorted. It’s so irritating and bad that some people can’t even look at it and just throw it away, but we can actually restore it back to its original form by cleaning it.
We can do so by using cleaners as well as natural and home remedies. It is easy to do so and if you want to learn more about the ways to do so; you need to keep reading.
How to clean discolored enamel cookware
The most common method to use is by mixing hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to form a mixture. Then we need to boil the solution and wait for it to cool down.
Later, we just need to wash it off with the stains that were present on it.
Vinger can also work for you if you are in a hurry and you don’t have any detergent or a dishwasher.
Lemons are also good at cleaning stuff. You can also use Coke or some other carbonated drink to deal with the stain and other marks.
Let’s see some common ways to do so.
Sounds like the name of a brand, but no, in this method we are going to use actual ketchup. It might not sound like it will do anything, but you should try to.
Maybe you’ll be surprised what the power of ketchup can do except the enhancement of the taste of food.
- What you need is a pack of ketchup.
- You need to cut it open or just open it up.
- Then start putting it on the stains present on the utensil.
- Make a thick layer of it.
- Spread it all around.
- Let the ketchup stay as it is for about half an hour.
- Then just scrub the ketchup off.
- Wash it and your job is done.
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
Baking soda is not just used in foods as it has more to it than that. It can be used as a cleaning agent if we know the proper method. So let us see how.
- First, you need to boil water.
- Then get some baking soda.
- You need to put the baking soda into the boiling water.
- Add the required amount of baking soda to the water.
- Mix them until you have a proper paste.
- Apply it to the stained surface.
- Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Then scrub the solution off.
- Clean the utensil with water and you are done.
Using Laundry detergent
Laundry detergent, as you can get from the name, is used in cleaning laundry. It has or it can be used in the cleaning of kitchen utensils as well.
The main purpose of detergent is stain removal, so this will not be a big problem for the detergent.
- You need to carefully remove the food residue stuck on it by scraping it off.
- Use water to aid the scraping.
- Then fill it with water.
- Let the water boil completely.
- Then add a few drops of the detergent to it.
- Just clean it the way you normally do.
- Scrub the utensil with a sponge.
- Clean the soap with water.
Lemon and salt
Salt and lemon are a remedy that is available in every household. Salt is used in almost everything you cook, while lemon is also used in and with food.
They are not limited to that. If you use the two of them together, you can actually form a powerful cleaning agent.
- You need to put salt on the stained areas in a vast amount as much as you can.
- Then you need to cut a lemon.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top of it.
- Let the salt and the juice become one.
- Cover all the surfaces with the paste of salt and lemon.
- Use a sponge to scrub the surface until the paste comes off.
- Pour water on it and clean it up.
Rather than just getting disgusted about how the stains look, you should get on the cleaning duty. Use the above methods to remove the stains anytime.
It is better to keep them clean and they might attract insects that are able to harm us and spread diseases.