How to clean bird poop off concrete. Almost all of us find the chirping of birds very delightful. The sound in the morning makes us fresh and ready for the day, but this freshness fades as we encounter poop on our belongs and even on our property.
It gets worse when you see your concrete driveway is a mess. The feeling of irritation is indescribable. We do not want to get ourselves dirty and seeing our driveway filled with poop, the urge to clean grows in us.
We need to know how to clean the concrete from the waste left by the sparrows or the pigeons. We can use scrapes and water to get rid of it.
The scrapes are used if the droppings are dry, as the wet droppings will become a mess. The wet dropping can be cleaned if we use chemicals and water to wash them off.
How to clean bird poop off concrete
The stains of the droppings can get stuck and might remain on your driveway surface. So we might need detergents in the case.
We can use our average dishwashing detergent too. We just need to spill it on the stain.
Spill in such a way that the stain a thin layer forms on the stain. You can then use a regular brush to rub the poop or you can use a special one as it will be faster.
The dropping will go off and you can then pick it up and throw it away.
The cleaning actually depends upon the number of droppings. Let us see how this is done.
The ways we use them are different and their steps differ from each other too. The little the number of droppings, the easier it is to clean it.
- Dishwashing soap
- A hose
- fiber scrubbing brush
- Wear your mask and the gloves properly as the droppings might cause illness.
- Use a hose to wet the entire area that contains the droppings.
- Put a finger on the end as it will help you increase the pressure.
- Then pour the soap in places the stains are present.
- Then use the brush and start scrubbing the stains. Let the soap perform its task as well.
- Clen till no stains remain.
- Then, using the hose, clean the surface with water.
You can use a cloth as well to remove these stains, that is if you do not want it to go into your yard.
The steps of the easier method are good for small areas, but if the amount is large, you will not be able to do so. So let’s see what we need to do in the moderate case.
- Light power shower
- Dishwashing soap
- Fiber scrubbing brush
- First, for safety, wear your gloves and a mask as poop can be the reason for illness.
- Use light power washer and pressure as many droppings as possible. This will only leave the hard ones.
- Like in minor, apply the soap to the stains that remain after the pressure.
- Use a fiber brush to start scrubbing the droppings.
- Clean as much as possible.
- If the area is large, you should sprinkle the sawdust on the dust.
- Wait for the sawdust to absorb for 10 minutes.
- Using a broom, clean the sawdust off.
- Then use pressure again.
- If the surface is not clean, you can repeat the steps.
The requirements, as well as the steps, become more complex with the increase in the level of difficulty.
- Power washer
- Gloves and mask
- Concrete cleaner
- Larger fiber brush
- Muriatic acid
- The first step is the same as above, which is wearing a mask and gloves.
- Pressure the poop with a power washer as it will help in pre-cleaning the area.
- Use the brush you have to scrub as much as you can.
- Use the broom and take the poop away.
- Pressure again to remove the stains.
- Repeat if the area is not completely clean.
As annoying as the droppings of the birds can be, you still need to clean them as they can cause diseases and as well as affect the environment.
Our things can also get dirty because of them. This will be a major drawback for us.