American standard champion 4 toilet problems. It is very crazy to have American standard champion 4 toilet having problems of start running water on its own at the midnight.
You may also get panic to listen the sound of a flushing toilet because due to this problem the water is kept wasting and also the water bill will also be increased.
There are many reasons behind this may be the toilet water is dripping beneath the washroom which is a very dangerous situation because it will damage the basement floor and walls.
If you listen to the sound of running water then don’t need to worry, it is not a ghost who is flushing the water in the toilet.
It is due to a defective gasket in the tank which can be repaired by yourself also without hiring anyone. Keep reading the article to fix the problems of American standard toilets.
American standard champion 4 toilet problems
American standard champion 4 toilets are normally good to have and mostly they create problems after years of usage. I am here to fix the issues related to the toilets.
Different issues have various steps to fix but at the end of the discussion, you will be aware of almost all problems which could happen to the toilet.
Shut off the supply of water
If you want to work in the toilet and fix the problems of leaking water or any other issue then it is suggested to you that shirt off the water supply from the main valve of the pipeline so that you may not disturb the flow of water in the water supply line.
Issue of water leakage
It is the most common problem you can face in a toilet due to various causes. Mostly it is due to the cracking of the nuts and washers.
Normally it happens due to the continued usage f the toilet due to which extra pressure of water and wastes is exerted on bolts and they become defective and water stars leak in the toilet.
- Before starting your fish the all water from the tank so that you can easily pull it out.
- First, unlock the lid of the tank and then disconnect the tank from all the attachments which are connected to it.
- You will see the nuts after separating the tank from the fill valve.
- If you find the bolts are defective and cracked then replace them with the new ones.
- Tighten the new bolts so that water does not leak again.
The same is the case with the washers. They are also responsible for the leaking water. Washers are installed between the bowl and the water tank. If you inspect them cracked then also replaced them with a new one.
After replacing the bolts and washers reattach all things carefully and gently. After fixing all then turn on the supply of water to the toilet and inspect that water leakage is stooped.
Variation in the speed of flush
Sometimes you observe that the speed of flush of water from the tank is sometimes less and some times tank flushes the water at high speed.
At night times you listen to the noise of flushing water even when nobody is in the toilet. You can fix this issue by following the steps.
Turn off the water to the toilet so that you are not disturbed by the water coming from the pipe.
- Open the cover of the tank.
- Next, detach the flapper of the toilet tank.
- In the same separate the flush valve and inspect its condition.
- If you fin the cracks or damage in the flush valve then replace it with a new flush valve.
- After replacing the valve reattach the flapper and lid properly and tighten their nuts.
- Now open the water supply from the main valve and wait for half an hour and check that water has stopped running or still it is running in the toilet.
Change the seal of the flapper
If still water is dripping then you will have to replace the seal of the flapper which may also be the reason for the running water issue in the toilet.
Take a long time to refill tank
If your toilet tank is taking a lot of time to refill then there is a clog in the pipeline which is creating problems slowing the water speed in the pipe.
For solving this issue you will have to remove the clog in the hose with the help of a bent wire. After the removal of the clog, the tank will take less time to refill again.
Usually, it does not create problems but after years of usage sometimes they start creating problems of running water continuously which can be fixed by tightening the bolts and washers, and maybe you need to change the flapper of the seal.
One more important point is that do not leave a clog in the water line so that the refill tank does not take a long time to refill.