Whirlpool washer door locked light flashing. One of the efficient and inexpensive washers on the market is Whirlpool washers.
Whirlpool has been in operation for more than ten decades now, and millions of happy customers around the world have won themselves over this time.
They have genuine spare parts, and their ownership transfer is quick. They have the satisfaction that is assured.
There are a lot of reasons which can cause different technological errors in different things. It’s important to cross-check every possible aspect before making solid decisions.
The following article provides information about such aspects which can make your life easy by just following simple steps.
Whirlpool washer door locked light flashing
There are many ways to fix the flashing light due to the locking of the door. Before trying out anything else, it’s better to follow the following steps mentioned below first:
- For 10 minutes, unplug the washer, and this will reset the washer and remove the flashing light.
- For 20 seconds, press and hold the End of Cycle / Cycle Signal button(s), and the washer should be reset and the flashing light removed.
If the washer has already begun every laundry cycle, never alter the washing machine settings, as this will cause the lid lock light to flash.
On several whirlpool models, the following is mentioned, and people sometimes make this mistake.
- The flickering of the lock light is caused by the following reasons:
- If the lid lock does not shift into the locked spot, the lid lock light flashes.
- If the engine cannot be turned on, the lid lock light will flash.
- If something blocks the door, the lid lock light will glow if it’s not fully closed.
- If another issue is detected in the washer, the lid lock light can flash.
Newer washing machine
If you have a newer washing machine that has a “DL” digital monitor, that means you have an error in the door lock. When the washer door cannot be opened, a door lock error can occur.
The main control board of the washer will attempt to lock the lid 6 times until it reveals the error code.
Whenever a DL error comes on the digital display, it is important to check the following things:
- To see if it is defective, loose, or broken, check the door lock assembly.
- For artifacts that may be blocking it, check the door lock and switch assembly.
- Check the connections to the door lock and switch assembly and main control board with the wire harness.
- Check the Assembly Failure of the Door Lock/Switch
It is also possible for the door lock light to flash if something has been stuck on the drainpipe or filter drain.
During this condition, the dryer stops working which also indicates that the door is not locked and that the drainpipe needs changing.