Ring doorbell not connecting to wifi. If your ring doorbell is not connecting to wifi, then you can not communicate and watch the person who comes to see you at your door without running towards the door and laying on your bed.
If your doorbell is connected to wifi and it is not working, then it is a worrying situation because you can not go again and again in cold winter to see who is knocking at the door.
After connecting your doorbell with the wifi, you can make it easy for yourself, but sometimes you can face problems while connecting the doorbell to the wifi.
Poor signals of the wifi can be one of the causes of this disconnection. If there is no issue with the wifi, then check the doorbell app on the mobile.
Ring doorbell not connecting to wifi
If your doorbell is not connecting to wifi and if you want to fix this issue by yourself, then you can do it through these steps.
1. Restart the modem
- First of all, turn off the modem and restart it after sometimes
- After five minutes, turn on the modem and see that the doorbell is linked with the wifi or it is still creating an issue.
- If the doorbell is connected with the wifi now, then congrats, but if still, it is not, then it might be some issue with the bell.
2. Restart the doorbell
If the doorbell is not connected after restarting the modem, then try to restart the bell.
Switch off the power of the bell from the circuit breaker for one minute and switch it on again. Now check whether the doorbell is connected to the wifi or not.
3. Password of wifi is incorrect
Sometimes, it also occurs in the home that somebody in the home changes the password for some security issues, then all the devices that are connected to the wifi automatically stop working.
So, first of all, check the wifi signals on your smartphone. If your smartphone is also disconnected, then surely the password is changed.
So you can consult with someone in the home to know the new password, and then you can connect your Ring doorbell with the wifi.
4. Issue with wifi signals
At times, when there is rainy weather or many devices are attached to one modem, then the wifi signals are dropped.
So it is important to not connect many smartphones and other electrical devices to one modem.
The quality of the wifi signals also depends upon how many devices are linked with it. Make sure that your modem is not laying beyond the bed, pillow, sofa, etc., because it also decreases the signals.
Your issue can be solved by just changing the position of the modem. It is suggested to you to always fix the modem near the door or window so that it can easily catch the signals.
5. Low Voltage problem
Normally, the low voltage problem does not occur with the doorbell. But if the bell is not working, then you can also check its voltage from the transformer of the device.
6. Troubleshooting with the doorbell app
The last thing to check is the doorbell application on the smartphone. You can also find the problem troubleshooting feature. You can do it by following these steps.
- Open the doorbell app on the mobile phone.
- After opening the app, choose the three lines from the top of the left side.
- Select the option of Devices from the list.
- Now you can check all the devices that are connected to the modem.
- Choose the doorbell device and reconnect it with the wifi.
- Hopefully, your doorbell will connect to the wifi if there is no other issue with the modem or bell.
The bottom line of the article is that if your ring doorbell is not connecting with the wifi, then you don’t need to worry because it is not a major issue. You can fix it by yourself without hiring someone.
Firstly reboot the birth device and check whether it is operating or not. If it is not functioning, then follow the above points to fix the problem.
Ring doorbell not connecting to wifi