How to turn off ring camera. A ring camera is installed in the ring doorbells to give more protection to your home. You can easily watch the person on your smartphone without opening the gate.
Rings cameras are very easy to install in any part of the home to keep an eye on the interior and exterior of your home through your mobile, laptop, or tablet.
However, your ring camera can also put your business and home at risk, so it’s better to switch off the ring camera if you are not currently using it.
If you have installed the ring camera in your home but don’t want to continue the camera due to cyber threats, then you have the option to turn off the ring camera, and you can easily perform this task through different simple methods.
Keep reading this post because I will guide you through the simple steps to switch off the ring camera temporarily.
How to turn off ring camera
Ring cameras are usually very good and handy devices to install in different parts of homes and workplaces for security purposes because you can easily watch everyone.
If you have installed it on the home door, you can watch easily without opening the gate. However, there is no need to turn on the ring camera the whole day because there is no need to keep the camera on when nobody is at home.
When you keep the ring camera on all the time, it will keep storing the device space and consuming the battery power.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Ring Cameras
Ring cameras are used everywhere in the world now to protect places, but these cameras certainly have some pros and cons. Let’s have a brief look at these pros and cons.
- It is very easy to install these cameras on any part of the home and business places.
- You just only need a smartphone or tablet and a strong wifi internet connection to use this camera.
- You can take care of the home’s interior and exterior even if you are not at home.
- There is a night vision feature in the camera to record the movement in the night.
- You can not keep your privacy because it will keep recording the clips, which are sometimes dangerous if they leak out.
- Skilled hackers can hack the cameras.
- There is a short time battery life in these devices, and you will have to replace the new batteries in the camera after some time which is costly.
- In some models, there is no time organizing function, and the camera will keep recording unnecessary video clips and movement.
- You have to keep on clearing the previous data to make new space storage in the device to record new clips.
If you have recently purchased the ring camera and want to turn off the camera before leaving home, read these instructions.
Turn off the internet connection
Ring cameras are connected with wifi internet connections to record the movement and work properly. Although you can connect the ring camera to the mobile data, it will not work effectively.
Ring cameras require a strong and fast internet connection to function properly because they use cloud storage to save movement and video clips. If there is a weak internet connection, these ring cameras are useless.
So, if you don’t want to keep the ring camera on, then switc off the internet connection to disable the ring camera.
However, this method is not effective if you have connected too many smart devices and smartphones with routers.
So, turning off the wifi connection is a suitable option if you are going outside the home or office and don’t want to record the movement.
Disable Ring Camera
Another method to turn off the ring camera is through app settings
- Launch the ring app on your mobile or tablet.
- Click the three lines from the screen’s top-left corner.
- Click Devices.
- Locate the ring app device to turn it off.
- Now, click the three-dot in the right corner.
- Click Device Settings.
- Navigate to search for the Disable Camera switch.
- Click the switch to turn off your camera.
Rings app main screen
the Ring app’s main screen is also used to switch off the ring camera. You just only need to click on the Disable camera switch from the screen top.
After clicking the switch of the ring camera, all your cameras will turn off and. Follow the same steps to turn on the ring camera again.
Turn off the Motion Detection
If you don’t want to turn off the wifi, then the next option is to stop the motion recording and motion detection in the camera.
When you turn off the motion detection function in the ring camera, then you will receive no notification as well because it will not capture the videos and pictures.
It’s very easy and requires a few steps to switch off the motion detection in the ring camera.
- Launch the ring app on your smartphone.
- Open the app account.
- Go to the ring device.
- Move the slider to the left side to turn off the motion detection.
Your ring camera will not record anything after switching off the motion detection.
Still can’t find out the solution?
Hopefully, your problem is troubleshooter by following the above steps, but if still somehow you are unable to disable the ring camera recording, then
- Turn off your smartphone and restart it after five minutes.
- Restart your internet router.
- Uninstall and reinstall the ring camera app on your device.
- Pull out the camera plug for half a minute and reinsert it to check the result.
My final thoughts on this post are ring cameras are usually a good option to protect your home and family members from unknown people and thieves.
But, sometimes you need to turn off the ring camera temporarily for due to any reason, then you must know how to disable the camera; otherwise, it will keep recording useless clips and consuming the battery power.
It will also increase the internet connection bill at the end of the month.
Several methods are explained in this article because each method has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it’s up to your choice which method you use to turn off the ring camera.