How to factory reset ps4. If you dont want to upgrade your ps4 to ps5 and want to use the ps4, then it’s important to upgrade your ps4 to fix some bugs.
If your ps4 is malfunctioning and not working accurately, then a factory reset is the best option to reset the unit because it refreshes the console and fixes the problem.
Resetting the ps4 is not an easy task, and it requires some steps to finish the process. It is generally done as a last option to troubleshoot the issue with the console.
Make sure to save your data on and back up on your device before you begin to reset the ps4 because a factory reset will remove all the data and settings saved on the device, and if you do not save your important data, then you will have to begin your game from the start.
If you are here to learn the detailed process of how to reset your ps4 device, then keep reading.
How to factory reset ps4
If your ps4 is not working well and you have tried all the options to fix the problem, but it is not working efficiently, then factory resetting the ps4 unit is the last option to play games on your device if there is no physical damage or hardware problem.
Now, if there is no physical damage to the device, then you must know each step before you start because it is a tricky process, and if you attempt it without any guide, then you might fail to do so.
Save your data
The first step before you start factory resetting the ps4 is to save your data and previous settings because the factory reset will erase all the saved settings on the device.
So, if you don’t want to lose your previous score, then save your data. If you don’t know how to protect your data on the console, then don’t worry because I am here to troubleshoot this issue also.
You must have a FAT-format USB device to save your data.
- Connect the flash drive to your PS4 unit.
- Open settings.
- Select ‘Application Saved Data Management.’
- Click ‘Saved Data in System Storage.
- Now, select ‘Copy to USB Storage Device’
- Now, select one by one all the data you don’t want to lose
- Tap’ Copy.’
Sign in to your account
Follow these steps to sign in to your account.
- First of all, sign in to your ps4 account, and open your device setting menu.
- Locate the Account management from the given options.
- Select the ‘Activate as Your Primary PS4’ option in Account Management.
- In Account Management, click on ‘Activate as Your Primary PS4’.
- Tap’ Deactivate.’
- Click ‘Yes’ when notified.