FiOS Remote Not Working. Are you also fond of watching movies and TV shows? If yes, then there is no better option than the FiOS box that has become the ultimate set-top box. The exclusive design of this set-top box delivers high-resolution display and various entertainment choices.
Still, you can face the issue like the FiOS box not responding to remote which is considered a very common issue. If your Fios remote is not working, there is a high chance that you have not set it up properly. In addition to setting up, you might face some other issues like an invalid or not listed code.
FiOS Remote Not Working
Before we start troubleshooting, it is a good idea to find out what issues are affecting your remote functionality. Here are some of them:
- Not activated
- Warned out batteries
- Hardware/Software glitch
- Set up box issues
- Blocked line of sight or great distance
- Infrared interference
Hence, to ease the process and help you find the most appropriate and viable solution, we are going to explain all the possible solutions.
Always check the batteries in your remote control. It is simply impossible to find out when battery life is running low.
It could be the main reason for the remote to intermittently function or not function at all.
- Remove the back cover away from the remote.
- Remove and re-insert the 2 batteries.
- Adjust the remote’s cover in place by sliding it down and clicking it into place.
- Facing the same issue, now try to replace the existing set of batteries with new ones.
Reset Fios Box
If you are disappointed in finding the ways of why your remote is not working, resetting the Foix box will be the only option left.
Floor these steps if you want to reset your Fios box, follow the following:
- Pull the plug out of the socket for 15 seconds before inserting it.
- Then, wait until the time is displayed on the set-top box’s LCD.
- Then power on the device.
- Finally, the interactive media guide will be updated in a few minutes.
It may happen that the response issue with the FiOS box and remote might occur due to IR interference. Mostly the IR interference can be caused by temperature issues.
So we can observe that if you are using the FiOS box in a cold room, the connectivity with the remote will be hindered.
It is the situation, the users can try to minimize the backlight settings, and the remote could start working.
Device Not Active
This is also the main issue that you can find out the device is not active.
For this, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button on the remote.
- Find out the Customer Support option and select it.
- Open Home Agent.
- Select Program Remote.
- Comply with the instructions that appear on the screen to link the remote.
Reset and Reprogram the Remote
If you find your remote still not working, you might have to reprogram the remote according to the set-top box. There are three types available for Fios TV remote controls, and the programming method for each one of them is different.
It is also good to consult the manual for the programming details.
Line of Sight
If you are sitting at a far distance from your TV and trying to control the FiOS box, it won’t be responsive. It is one of the main requirements that the remote must be in a clear line of sight with the FiOS box.
So, if you are not maintaining a clear line of sight, there will be interference and response issues. Make sure there are no interferences when you use your remote.
This could also be a possible issue with your remote. Here, one is allowed to use a specific button sequence to fix and try the Fios remote. To troubleshoot, follow these steps:
On the remote control, press the STB button.
- Choose the Guide option.
- Channel Up should be pressed.
- Channel down is activated by pressing the channel down button.
- Increase the volume by pressing the volume up button.
- To reduce the volume, press the volume down button.
How do I reset my FIOS remote control?
- In the forest step, press the OK and FiOS TV buttons simultaneously.
- Secondly, you will see the red light on the remote will blink twice and stay on if you release both presses.
- Repeat this process once every second until the remote detects the correct code and your TV turns off.
What is the method to sync my FIOS remote to my TV?
You only need to position the Remote towards the Fios TV, the one that you desire to combine it with, click and simultaneously hold the play/pause alongside ‘0’ button on the TV Voice Remote.
Hold it until it flashes a blue light, it will than pair itself automatically.
This is the way to have control on the interface of your Fios TV Box
We hope that now u better understand why your Fios remote is not working and the ways to resolve these issues.
FiOS Remote Not Working