Ink cartridge full but not printing. Printers are one of the machines that are used widely in every corner of businesses or even in households or for schooling purposes.
If your printer stops working midway, then it is going to be a big hurdle because it will waste the valuable time of not one person but a lot of people, especially if the printer is set up in an organization where a lot of people work, is connected with the printer.
If your printer stops printing, then the first thing that comes to your mind is that the cartridge is empty. But that is not always true because the printer can stop working even with the full cartridge.
To troubleshoot this problem, you have to go through a process to set it up as well. If you were looking for a guide that can tell you in detail why your printer stops working even after filling out your cartridge.
Then you are clearly at the right place because we are going to guide you that how you can troubleshoot the problem and then will provide you with the solutions.
Ink cartridge full but not printing
Reason 1: Blockage in the Head
Sometimes when we move to our old workspace and there we use old printers. On old printers that we don’t usually use, their heads can get clogged.
The clogged head will not let ink go down to the printer, and then, even if your cartridge is filled with the ink, it will still not print.
To solve this problem, you have to remove the blockage. Clean out the heads, and then you are good to go.
Reason- 2: Wrongly placed Ink Cartridges
If your cartridges are filled with ink, and these filled cartridges are not printing, then it could happen because of the wrongly placed ink cartridges.
Examine the cartridges, and if they are properly placed or not and if you see that cartridges are placed properly, then there is another thing that can cause the problem.
That is a strap that is made up of plastic that can be left with the cartridges before their installation, and that specific plastic strap can block the way of ink, and that will not pass the link to the printer, and then the printer will not print.
To solve this problem, you have to simply remove that strap that is made up of plastic and then install the cartridges again in its place.
Reason 3: Attaching more than one computer
Sometimes using more computers for one printer can cause some issues, and the computer that you are trying to print on can not always be the default computer for that printer, and that can become a reason for a printer that is not printing.
Reason 4: Examine the Port and Drivers
Sometimes computers that are connected to the printer have unsupported drivers. You have to start the configuration process.
To start the configuration process, you have to follow up on these few steps.
- Click on the Start button.
- Open the setting option from the start menu.
- Click on the option Printers from the settings
- And check if the printer is set to default or not.
- Right-click on the icon, and then the drop-down menu will show the option Properties; check if the printer is connected to the right port or not.
Reason 5: Dirty Printer
Sometimes dirty printers can stop the signals of ink cartridges to the printer, and they can show very unusual errors.
To clean the printer and printer head, you have to pull out its parts one by one so that you can thoroughly clean them up by following these steps.
- Step 1. Pull out the lid: Pull out the lid of the printer so that you can access the cartridges, and then thoroughly remove them one by one.
- Step 2. Pull out the printer head: Pull out the printer head that is holding all the ink cartridges.
- Step 3. Cleaning the printer head: Sometimes the printer head can get clogged, so it needs proper maintenance, so you have to clean it. To clean your printer head, you have to put it down on the running tap of hot water and then rinse it with hot water.
- Step 4. Putting Printer’s head back: Put the printer’s head back after drying it so that you can run your printer smoothly.
Ink cartridge full but not printing. Sometimes printers can stop working, and when you check up the ink cartridges to replace their ink, then you see that the cartridges are full and your printer is still not printing.
If you are one of those who witness such type of problem, then you don’t have to worry because we have discussed very common reasons for such problems along with their Solutions.
The most common reason for that problem is the wrong placement of ink cartridges, or it could be because of attaching more than one computer.
You can read the above article so that you can get a detailed guide for the problem of printers not printing even with full ink cartridges.