How to tell if your ridge vent is installed properly. A Ridge vent is a thing that is made of aluminum material. This is used to prevent the house from hotness. This allows passing the air that makes your house fresh and it is useful as it prevents your house from the warm weather.
It allows the fresh air to pass through it and enter the house. The ridge vent is installed on the top of the peak that is in slop form. This is also used as the exhaust in the house because it also carries the warm smell and the weather outside and takes the fresh air to the home that is very good for the houses and prevents them from the hot days these are mostly used in the areas that are in the hot weather.
Ridge vents are used to control the temperature of the room, these are used to through the warm air outside of the home and carry the fresh air from the outside and recommend it to your home.
The ridge vents are very good for your house you should install them in every condition but mostly installed when you have the new house to increase the life of your roof the best. When a ridge vent is installed properly it helps to protect the house roof as it can.
These vents moderates the temperature of your house and it works also as the exhaust. the ridge vents may not leak for a long time as they are installed properly, if not then may be a chance to leak very soon it depends on the condition and how is it.
These vents are installed so they can not get the rain in the house but even it may enter the rain the house if the rain is at the full speed and the air also blows very speedy the rain enters the house if the vent is damaged or not installed properly.
How to tell if your ridge vent is installed properly
The ridge vent is installed as the following steps are used for this purpose:
- First of all, remove the extra material from the roof of your house, which means cleaning it and making it ready to install the ridge vent on it.
- When it is cleaned properly then Cut out the part of the roof where you want to install the ridge vent by using some special tools because without special tools it can not possible.
- When the cutting process ends then the next procedure starts which is the installation of the ridge vent on the cut surface.
- Now take the ridge vent and keep it on the surface you cut to install it, place the vent on the surface and take the drilling machine and the roofing nails that are used to tight the ridge vent on the surface.
- These have the places to insert nails in them to tight, tight them as strong as you can because if these are not tight then there is the risk of getting water and the other things that we are avoiding.
- Ensure that the vent you are installing is exact at the center of the cut surface.
- Make sure while installing the vent that there is one gap between them, because if there is even a little gap it is not good for you in the winter or the season when there is raining too much. If there is a gap the water enters from upside to your house.
- When this procedure ends then you should apply the guard on its surface. The guard will protect the surface of the ridge vent that is installed on the roof.
The above all is the procedure to install the ridge vent on your roof. Now if you want to check whether your ridge vent is installed properly or not you should check it through the following method:
Checking the proper installation of the ridge vent
To check the installation of the vent there are many ways some of them are as follows:
Check as taking it upward
You can check it as you walk around it and see how it is installed. You can either check it by taking or pulling upward, the upward pulling tells how strong it is installed on the surface. I think pulling up is the best and the easy way to check or test the installation of the ridge vent.
If you pull it upward then it ensures you that from where it is not fully tight you can tighten it again as soon as you see it.
Testing the inside temperature
The second very easy way is the testing the temperature inside your home. The temperature tells you how good or bad the vent is installed. If the temperature is high then it means that it is installed too bad because if it is installed properly then here the temperature is not too high it is moderate that you can survive easily and feel the rest in it.
Testing of smoke
The testing of the smoke is also a very good thing to check the installation is that because the edge is also used as the chimney in the house it controls and manages the flow of the smoke in your house and gets you the relief from the smoke by taking it upward.
If it is installed properly then the smoke moves upward very fast and you are in relief because the smell of the smoke getting outward you can’t bear.
These are some things that are used to check the installation of the ridge went. These are the through which you tell that “How to tell if your ridge vent is installed properly”