Dryer shuts off after a few minutes. You cannot fully trust electronics such as dryers, refrigerators, TVs, or anything because electronics and gadgets include small machinery that can cause big problems with just a little issue.
No matter, how much you take care of these electronics or gadgets, they can cause a problem but do not worry you can easily fix them on your own without any professional guidance or assistance.
We can assume that you are also stuck in the same situation and looking for the solution of the dryer that shuts off after a few seconds as you landed on our article.
You would be glad to know that we have a detailed guide for you on this issue so you can identify the problem as well as solve it by following the step-by-step guide we included for your help.
Fix Dryer shuts off after a few minutes
There can be multiple different reasons why your dryer is acting strange or not working properly. We listed some of these reasons with the procedures that you can follow to fix it up.
But make sure to divert all your attention and focus to the guide as it can be a little complicated to understand at first glance.
The first possible reason that your dryer cuts off after a few minutes is the faulty or broken drum belt.
The drum belt is responsible for all the power and motor working in the dryer so a broken belt can affect your dryer’s performance.
To check the drum belt, you can follow the steps below:
- Turn off the dryer and take the plug out of the electric socket.
- Open the panel of the dryer.
- Locate the drum belt.
- Check the drum belt of the dryer for any weariness or fault.
- If the belt is faulty, you will have to replace it with a new one.
The second reason that your dryer is causing problems can be a bad or overheating motor that affects the working of the dryer.
If the motor or dryer is making a strange sound, it is probably the issue with the motor.
The steps to check motor are as follows:
- Turn off the dryer from the switch and remove the plug.
- Open up the lower settings of the dryer by removing the panel.
- Remove the other components and wires on the motor.
- Check if the motor has a burning smell.
- Take the motor out and replace it with a new one.
- Now close the panel after joining all the components back.
The defective sensors of the motor or dryer can also be one of the reasons that your dryer shuts off after a few minutes. For checking the sensors, you will have to act upon these steps:
- Turn off the dryer completely by taking out the plug from the socket.
- Open the top panel of the dryer with a screwdriver.
- Locate the motion sensor in the machinery of the dryer.
- Remove all the connected wires and cables from the moisture sensor.
- Now take out the sensor and install a new motion sensor in the dryer.
If all of the above factors are not causing the problem then it must be the issue with the door latch of the dryer. The steps to check the door latch are:
- Turn off the dryer
- Remove the door by opening screws on it.
- Now remove the dryer’s door latch.
- Replace the door latch of the dryer and connect the door back.
As we are at the end of the article to conclude our today’s problem “dryer shuts off after a few minutes,” we hope everything is cleared to you and you must have identified the problem till now.
All you have to do now is to go and fix the issue that is causing the problem with the dryer. If you still do not understand or want to put extra effort then you can also call a machine expert or serviceman to do all the repairing for you.
Dryer shuts off after a few minutes Solved
Here is a Guide Whirlpool dryer not heating
Here how you can Dryer Keeps Tripping Breaker