Signs of a collapsed sewer line. Your household plumbing gets weaker with the passage of years. You may experience a broken sewer line. But do you know what the signs of a collapsed sewer system are?
If not! Then follow us to get more details about the signs of broken sewer lines.
You may be familiar with a proverb that says “out of sight, out of mind”. Our plumbing system is also hidden so we do not give it proper attention.
Observe the following signs if any of them exists, you have to deal with a collapsed sewer line.
Signs of a collapsed sewer line
- Slow drainage
- The odor of Sewer Gas
- Clogs and Backups
- Lush, Green Lawn Area
- Mold and fungi growth
- Saggy lawn
- Rodents and insects
Slow Drainage System
- A slow drain is caused by a blockage in the sewer pipes.
- When the sewer lines collapse, particularly sink, toilet, shower, or tub, the drain will be slowly eliminated.
- Remove the blockage by checking the plughole.
- Take the plunger and place it plug hole to create enough pressure to remove the blockage.
- You can get rid of the excess water by pouring a cup of baking soda into the drain pipe. After that, pour a cup of vinegar into the drain.
- By following this natural remedy, you may get rid of the excess drain. It’s safe and effective.
- This method doesn’t apply any nasty chemicals present in most drain cleaners.
Sewer Gas Odor
- If the sewer pipe is damaged, you will experience a strange odor coming from the drain. The odor indicates a collapsed sewer line.
- The reason behind this smell is the cracked pipeline. When the plumbing system is working well, you won’t experience a bad odor. Further, inspect the sewer line to find the cause of toxic sewer gas.
Clog formation may be a sign of a collapsed sewer line. Investigate the cause and try to fix the issue to avoid any further complications.
Lush, Green Lawn Area
- Every household’s main sewage line is outdoor.
- In case of any collapsing in the line it will affect the lawn present outside.
- If the sewer line is broken or cracked, then all the dirt will make its way towards the lawn.
- If you observe that the lawn is persistently wet, it means your sewer line is broken.
- You may also notice puddles all around.
- Another indication of a broken sewage line along the soaked lawn is the fast-growing grass.
- If your lawn grass grows exceptionally fast, this may be because of the collapsed sewer line.
- Over time different toxic agents are generated from the drain and start to build up in the soil.
- These toxins are harmful to health.
- You can also experience a soggy and foul odor on your lawn.
- It can also attract insects and rodents. Try to fix the issue, else you have to deal with a bundle of mess.
- Rodents may enter your house and cause filthy diseases and mess.
Mold and Fungi Growth
- If you notice molds or wet spots on the ceilings, walls, or floors, it is because of collapsed sewer lines.
- The spores of these molds and fungi can cause allergic reactions.
- Once the spore finds another moist place, it again starts to grow into fungi.
- These fungi can eat through organic building materials. This can cause severe damage to the home’s interior, exterior, or even the home’s foundation.
- High water bill
- Cause property Damage
- Health problems
We have discussed various signs of a faulty sewage line that needs to be fixed. If avoided, it may create huge messes that will be difficult for you to get rid of.