Is your Samsung washer won’t unlock? And you need to grab your clothes before they get mildewy. After so many attempts you were not able to unlock it and you are forced to think about changing the lid.
So no but before you do that, you would like to stick around and fix the problem. Not with Samsung, you will face this problem with any other washer with a front lid.
We will be happy to share some causes and solutions if your Samsung washer door is lock.
Samsung washer won’t unlock
In case your Samsung Washer turn on we have come with some of the main causes after a thorough analysis. Don’t hesitate to scroll down and check the problems and solutions for it:
- If there is water in the drum when the washing machine starts running, the door will not open to prevent flooding.
- After work is complete, if the door is very hot, the door will not open to avoid injury.
- The child lock function prevents the door from opening when the washing machine is seated.
- If the door switch on the front loading washing machine is metal, the door will not open after washing is complete.
Solution To Unlock Your Samsung Washer
Now you have acknowledged the cause therefore, now it’s time how you can solve this problem before changing the lid to the new one. Below are some ways how you can overcome these problems without facing any problems.
1. Check the Child lock is engaged or not
On some models, such as front-load washing machines, the child lock locks the door. It is to prevent children from opening the door and getting hurt.
That will lock all buttons on the washer to prevent changes to the selected cycle.
It will latch all buttons on the control panel except the power button and shows an icon on the screen.
To unlock the child mode, hold the spin and soil level button for 6 seconds. The lock lamp goes out.
2. Verify That The Wash Cycle Is Complete
The doors are lock automatically for security reasons and will take time to drain water from the tank. And remember to reset the start/pause button and open the door when the tank is empty.
When the cycle completes, you should keep few things in mind.
- The door lock will take a few minutes to disengage.
- Make sure the blinking door indicator is off that indicated the washing machine is empty.
- After watering, if the washing machine pauses, you can open the door after 1 minute.
4. For Front Load Models, Drain The Emergency Hose
The front-load model prevents the door from falling onto the lock floor when water is inside the washing machine.
The emergency drain hose is next to the pump filter (also known as the debris filter).
Some older front-load models do not have pumps, filters, or emergency drain hoses.
When no more water comes out of the emergency drain hose, power cycle the washing machine, and check if the door is unlocked or not.
5. Check The Door Lock Assembly Not Damage
If the door lock assembly is damaged or defective, it makes sense that a locked Samsung washer door won’t open.
Repeatedly, but a simple exchange washing machine is working optimally.
6. Door Latch
An essential part of a Samsung washing machine lid is the door latch. If the door latch is damaged, the cover will be tight, and you will not be able to unravel the laundry.
7. Power Outage
When a power outage occurs, the washing machine may freeze even when the power supply reinstates. Replace or check the fuse. Make sure that the power cord also plugs in.
8. Click Pause or Start to open the electrical lock
It will sound obvious to press the pause button to stop the cycle. But you will click Pause and wait for 8 minutes to unlock the door.
When the washing cycle is enabled, the electronic lock will not open. Therefore, you will pause the rotation and then make sure the door opens.
Above I have discussed some of the reasons why your Samsung washer won’t unlock and also come up with a solution so you can fix it before exchanging or calling the help center.
If still the door won’t open, feel free to a visits support center that will identify and diagnose the problem. And also tell you about the main problem and proceed with fixing your unit.