Samsung refrigerator ice maker not dumping ice. If the ice maker still does not eject ice and the freezer is at the proper temperature, the ice is not clogged, the ice is not piling up in the storage bin, and the refrigerator has restarted, you should check the ice maker parts to confirm which part is at fault.
Samsung refrigerator ice maker not dumping ice
These are ways to repair your ice maker without having to disassemble anything or test any parts
- The ice maker needs to restart because an error has occurred. Press the reset button
- Ice cubes may have accumulated in the bin, and the icemaker may turn off. Level the ice
- An ice cube may be stuck in the ice mold tray. Unlock the ice tray
- The freezer is not cold enough for full ice cube production. Check the freezer temperature
(TIP: For optimal ice cube production, the freezer temperature should be between 0-5 degrees for best performance)
Other things to consider:
Disconnect power to the refrigerator to restart the ice maker
If the ice maker does not drop ice into the storage bin, unplug the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to try to reset the ice maker control board / main control board.
Removing power from the refrigerator may reset the ice maker if an unknown error has occurred.
What parts of the ice machine can be faulty?
If the ice maker still does not eject ice and the freezer is at the proper temperature, the ice is not clogged, the ice is not piling up in the storage bin, and the refrigerator has restarted, you should check the ice maker parts to confirm which part is at fault.
Check the ice maker mold thermostat, ice maker mold heater, and icemaker module. (If any of these parts are found to be faulty, it may be better to buy a new ice machine as this may be more cost-effective.)
The icemaker module includes a motor that ejects ice from the ice maker mold tray. If this motor is out of order, the ice will not fall or blow out.
The icemaker mold thermostat checks the icemaker mold tray temperature. If the ice maker mold thermostat is faulty, the ice maker will not drop ice cubes.
Since certain parts can cost as much or more than a new ice maker, always determine the most cost-effective approach when replacing certain parts. Here are new ice makers that can replace all the parts and save you time.
Close the ice maker lid
- If your freezer has an ice maker, hot air may come in every time you open the freezer door. Most ice machines have a flap that prevents cold air from escaping from the freezer and keeps warm air out.
- Open your freezer and examine the ice chute. There should be a flap of material that is flush against the housing. If the flap is not seated flush, check for ice or debris that may be blocking it.
- When the flap and icebox do not fit properly, ice residue may form.
Hope the information mentioned above is helpful. Stay tuned with us for more information.