Remove dark water stains from wood. If the wood surface in your home gets affected by a dark water spill, don’t worry about it. We will provide handy practical DIY methods to clean the wood from dark stains.
Different methods of stain removal are available here. Grab the one that best suits the wood surface and your budget.
Let’s start getting rid of those dark, nasty stains on the woods.
Remove dark water stains from wood
Remove with Baking Soda
- Applying baking soda solution helps you maintain a clean wood surface.
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with 250ml water.
- Apply the solution with a sponge to the wood surface.
- Wait for10 minutes.
- Wipe it using a cloth or rinse it with water.
With Oxalic Acid Cream
- Make sure you wear protective gloves and goggles before applying oxalic acid cream to the stains.
- Add one tablespoon of cream to one cup of hot water for every half square meter of the wood area you want to clean.
- Apply it and scrub the surface with a bristle brush. Wait for 10 minutes. Wipe it using a cloth or rinse it with water.
- This product is available commercially to remove dark water stains from wooden floors.
- It is safe to remove all sorts of tough stains.
- Buffing a damp eraser with the grain of the wood surface removes the dark stains.
Buffing and Cleaning
- If the stain is fresh, use the buffing and cleaning method. Take a cloth, and clean the liquid.
- Once the excess liquid is cleaned, use a duster to dust off particles.
- Ensure the removal of stains by buffing the wood surface with a dry cloth.
- If your water stains are old and dark brown, try sandpaper to remove the stains.
- Clean the surface from any dust. Use sandpaper to remove the stains.
Watermark Remover Cloth
- For old stains, you can also use a watermark remover cloth.
- Take a cloth, and soak it in alcohol.
- Wipe the wood surface with an alcohol-soaked towel you want to clean.
- After that, get a clean cloth and gently remove the stains and dark circles over the wood surface.
- is one of the best ways to remove dark water stains from all wood surfaces.
- You might be thinking, can toothpaste remove the dark stains?
- Yes, of course, it’s a cheap and effective way to get rid of nasty dark water stains.
- Take your toothpaste and apply it to the stain.
- Avoid any gel toothpaste.
- Now with the brush, rub the site where the paste is applied.
- Rinse it thoroughly by adding clean water.
- Wipe the area with a dry cloth.
- Another way to clean the wood from dark water stains is by using a bleach solution.
- Wear gloves and mixt half-cup Clorox in 1 gallon of warm water.
- Apply it on the affected site.
- After 30 minutes, clean it using a dry cloth.
- You’ll get a stain-free wood service.
- Clorox can also possess a germicidal effect.
- Bleach helps you get rid of pet urine from the wood surface.
- Hydrogen peroxide is another method to remove surfaces.
- Apply hydrogen peroxide on dark water stains.
- Wait for a minute.
- Wipe the area with a cloth.
Vinegar and Lemon oil
- Mixing white vinegar and lemon juice in equal parts acts as a stain remover.
- Gently apply the stains with a cotton swab.
- Wait for five minutes.
- Vinegar restores the wood’s original color by removing any discolored stains.
Different methods of stain removal are available here. Opt for the one that seems easy for you.