How to set a timer switch for lights? If you are not familiar with the concept of timer switches, then this article would be a good read for you. So what exactly is a timer switch? The answer is as simple as the concept of these switchers is. A timer switch is an electronic device that is used to automatically control the lights with an inbuilt timer.
Stereotypically timer switch for lights are used for commercial purposes but lately, people have been using this smart device in their homes as well. These are made to replace the standard switches but with added benefits.
How to set a timer switch for lights
There are several types of timer switches including automatic, programmable, wireless, digital, and light-sensitive, etc. Having timer switch for lights plugged in, you can leave the stress of turning the lights off and on behind.
There are basic steps that you have to follow to set timer switches for lights.
- The first step in setting up a timer switch is to find an energy socket that is closest to your device. You have to be keen on the fact that there are no intermediaries involved such as extension wires.
- The second step is to turn the manual switch button to ‘timer on’ and then plug the device into the energy socket. Your device might say ‘outlet on’ which is the same as ‘timer on’. In case you are using it in an outdoor capacity then be sure it is at least five feet above the ground so there is no danger of jolt.
- The third step is to align the time to the timer. For this step, you have to locate the arrowhead, which is usually in black, and turn it clockwise to the current time.
- The fourth step is to set the timer pins on the dial according to your need. To turn the timer on, push these down for the time that you have set in the last step.
- The final step is to plug in your electrical device, which are lights in this case, into the timer whilst they are on. It is advisable not to connect dryers, irons, and kitchen electronics with the timer because there is a chance of them getting ablaze.
Digital light switch timer
If you are setting up a digital light switch timer then you need to reset the programming by erasing the previous settings. Next, you have to assign a new time to your device. You can set a timer for different events using the ‘program’ button. You can set it up for an entire week. Next, you have to use the ‘on, off, and auto’ buttons to function respectively.
Timer switch for lights helps you save energy and is efficient enough that you do not have to worry about turning your lights on and off. All you have to do is make sure is that your timer is plugged and is turned on.
Automatic Light Switch Timer Installation
Check Out some of Best solar lights consumer reports
Find out How to reset a motion sensor light