Are you are garage mechanic making your living by repairing the vehicles and servicing automobile parts? Or household laymen who have accidentally spill the grease or motor oil on your clothes?
Spilling motor oil and grease on clothes is one of the most horrifying things for a household as these stains are so tiresome and difficult to remove than a layman could only drop the idea of removing them from the very start.
But don’t get tired or worried as we are here to get your back and we have gathered some quick tips for allowing you to have a professional-looking uniform for the garage workers and few simple tips for household laundry cleaning. These tips will save considerable time and will leave behind stain-free clothes that are similar to the brand new look before the staining.
It is no wondering the fact that grease or diesel stain is hard to break due to their strongly adhesive components and a common household cleaner like the detergent bar, soap, or dishwasher will not work alone in breaking these stains. But by making use of these things in careful proximity you can have your job done without any extra effort in brushing or rubbing.
How to get motor oil out of clothes
For easily removing the moto oil stains go through the following methods of laundry cleaning dedicated for removing motor oil stains, going through this review on
How to get motor oil out of clothes will help in your getting rid of all kinds of oil and grease related stains on clothes.
By using dish detergent
Simply using the detergent may not be enough for cleaning the motor oil stain but when utilized in the following fashion it would be a miraculous item warding off the stains.
- Soft cloth
- Place the cardboard under the cloth specifically at the area where the stain is located.
- Rub some dish detergent over the stain in a way that it completely covers the stain.
- Rub the detergent, again and again, using the soft cloth for making a strong impact on the layers of clothing.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Run it through the tap water and dry it off
Using Baking Soda
Baking soda is that miraculous powder that has its uses in every field starting from food to laundry and making its use in cleaning the oil stain is no surprise.
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Rubbing tool or a scrapper
- Put the cardboard under the stain on your cloth and sprinkle some baking soda over it.
- Let the soda rest over the stain for about ten minutes and after that gently rub it over the stain.
- An indication of rubbing could be the change in color of the soda as it has been soaked for 10 minutes.
- Gently scrape off the soda using a scrapper of any rubbing tool
- Wash it off under the tap water.
(P.S: if the stain has not been removed completely you can add some more soda and repeat the process again and again.
How To Easily Remove Oil From Fabrics/Clothing