If you are having any difficulty with the rescheduling of the thermostat, then follow simple steps for each series. Identify your device model to clear the schedules. Clearing the schedules is done either by menu option or by resetting the device back to factory settings.
How to clear schedule on honeywell thermostat
- Clearing the schedules allows your thermostats to work back accurately
- Press the “Hold” button for clearing the schedules on your Honeywell Thermostat,
- Hold down the button to clear the schedule.
- After the schedule gets clear, enter the new temperature settings.
The process is easy for programmable devices while a bit comprehensive for old units.
Honeywell 2000 Series Thermostat
- Clear the schedule via the menu on the LCD.
- These devices come with preprogrammed energy star settings.
- They are efficient budget-friendly
A Honeywell 4000 Series Thermostat
By Menu Option
To clear the program schedule from the control panel menu, follow the simple steps given as:
- Press the “SET” button.
- Press it until “Set Schedule” is displayed.
- Set the option you need to program
- Hold the arrow button together with the up arrow button for up to 4 seconds to clear a schedule.
- Release the two buttons at the same time to add new settings.
Remer that such Thermostats have a Wake Period during which the device is unable to clear the schedule.
Resetting a Honeywell 4000 Series Thermostat to Factory Defaults
- Switch on the thermostat unit.
- Look for a small button on the unit called program bottom.
- Make sure the thermostat unit is on.
- Locate the “Program” button on the unit. It is a small, recessed button on the device unit.
- After locating, unfold a paperclip.
- Use one end of the clip to depress the button for 2-seconds.
- Then Release the button after 2 sec.
- The device unit will opt for factory settings.
- The unit then restarts.
- Now you can add your desired settings again.
Honeywell 6000 Series Thermostat
Resetting By Menu Option
From the menu, the schedule can be cleared by following steps.
- To opt for the schedule option, press the left function button.
- Select the schedule option.
- After that, press the function button on the right hand to set the schedule.
- Press the middle function button to cancel the period schedule.
- Press the button to clear the settings.
- In the end, press the button “Done” on the left hand to save the settings.
Resetting a Honeywell 6000 Series Thermostat to Factory Defaults
- To reset this unit back to the factory default settings, follow these steps on the control panel.
- Ensure that the thermostat unit to be switched on.
- Press and hold the “Fan” button and “Up” button together.
- Hold both for a minimum of 5-seconds.
- Release them simultaneously.
- On the left of the screen, change the number to read “39.”
- On the right of the screen, change it to read “0.”
- Press the option “Done” to reset the device to factory settings.
- The thermostat will restart.
- The Wi-Fi setup in a blink mode will be displayed on the screen to show that the device is ready for new settings.
A Honeywell 8000 Series Thermostat
The device has a touchscreen control panel.
All settings are controlled, using the screen rather than buttons.
Resetting by the Menu
Schedules are cleared directly from the menu.
- Press the button Sched.
- The “Edit” button on the screen will appear.
- Click on the edit option to select the schedule you want to clear.
- The screen will flash after you select the option.
- Press the “Cancel Period” button to clear the schedule for that specific
- The setting option will disappear at the end
How to clear schedule on honeywell thermostat. Identify your device model to clear the schedules. Clearing the schedules is done either by menu option or by resetting the device back to factory settings.