Amazon fire stick initial setup without remote. Are you worried because you forgot your Firestick remote while going somewhere, or your remote is broken, and you want to connect your Firestick to a Wi-Fi connection, but How?
Firstly calm yourself. If you are seeking an Amazon Firestick initial setup without a remote, let us help you find your way to the solution.
Different scenarios urge you to connect firesticks without a physical remote. In case of a lost remote device or for privacy purposes, you can fully trust our guidance.
The Amazon fire stick allows you to connect a firestick to a smart TV using different ways to keep your entertainment unstoppable.
Amazon fire stick initial setup without remote
In this segment, we will guide you through the ways and strategies to connect Firestick to the Wi-Fi network.
The things that we are going to discuss are mentioned below.
Setup Via HDMI CEC Remote Control
In the following method, we discuss creating a Firestick setup using HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) remote control.
This advanced feature lets your TV transmit orders to the HDMI-attached Firestick using the CEC remote.
Before starting, we want to inform you that if your Fire TV is HDMI supported, you can try this method.
You may search it on google with your TV brand name and TV model number to ensure that your device can control remotely with HDMI CEC.
The next main point that can make you nervous is that different TV models use this feature with a different term name, for example.
- Hitachi HDMI named it CEC
- Vizio named it CEC
- Samsung named it Anynet+
- Sony named it BRAVIA Sync
- Pioneer named it Kuro Link
- LG named it SimpLink /SIMPLINK (HDMI CEC)
- Mitsubishi named it NetCommand for HDMI
- Philips named it EasyLink
- Toshiba named it CE-Link/Regza Link
- Runco International named it RuncoLink
- Sharp named it Aquos Link
First, require an HDMI CEC remote control from your nearest market, or you may buy it online.
You will treat it as a universal remote to control Firestick.
- Grab your remote.
- Gain access to the Fire Stick settings on your Fire TV.
- Then open the Display & Sound.
- Go down to the HDMI CEC Device Control.
- Turn the option to ON.
- Return to your Fire TV Home screen.
- Press the Menu or Gear Icon button from the remote.
- Switch ON the CEC Setting.
- Now, go through the option Connect to establish a connection between Fire Stick and your TV.
Finally, your devices are connected, and now you can freely navigate settings, menu, or anything you want to control with the HDMI CEC remote control.
Setup Via Fire TV App
Well, this method is one of the easiest ways to set up your Fire TV stick without a remote.
If you don’t have HDMI CEC remote control, just take out your smartphone from your pocket and get ready for an initial setup.
This method is as easy as downloading and launching an application in a few minutes.
But here is an essential term: you must use the same Wi-Fi network settings to successfully connect your phone and fire stick via Amazon’s fire tv app.
Don’t worry. We’ll explain each and every condition that can make the situation easy for you. Just stay with us and keep reading.
- In the beginning, you have required a smartphone or a tablet; anything that is available easily will work for you.
- Go to the Google Store for Android users and App Store for iOS users.
- Then, type the Amazon Fire TV App in the search bar.
- Please wait until it downloads and is installed.
- In this step, you have two options to tackle the problem. If your TV and smartphone use the same WiFi network as your home network connection, you simply proceed to the next step.
- In case you are traveling or at a place where you don’t have the same connection, then you are required a second phone that can create a wireless hotspot for both devices.
- After connecting the App containing your smartphone and your Fire TV on the same network, you need to open the Amazon Fire TV App.
- Now, to complete the task of the amazon fire stick without the remote, select your device in the App.
- Log in to your Amazon account by providing your credentials.
- After accessing the login, you have to insert the Pincode.
- You may get it from your Fire TV screen.
- Entering this 4-digit code is necessary to make a victorious pair.
- I hope your smartphone and Fire Stick connect after the procedure.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions your Fire app requests you to obey, like pressing buttons and selecting an appropriate language for your system.
- It may also ask you to save WiFi passwords to Amazon. The answer depends on your choice. But, if you choose Yes, you don’t need to insert a password every time after turning ON your Fire TV.
- When choosing No, you know well that you must provide a password every time, whenever you want to watch anything.
Connect Via USB Micro Cable
Whenever you get the packing of the Firestick, you may get different gadgets with it.
For Example, a micro USB, an adaptor, an HDMI extender, controller with its batteries.
- You must follow these steps to get excellent results without a remote. Here you go.
- In the beginning, attach the USB micro cable with the power adapter.
- Secondly, you must connect the Firestick with the other side of the cable.
- Ensure that you have inserted the Firestick with the Fire TV HDMI port.
- Remember the port because later, you have to set the input source.
For Initial configuration, you must get access to the Fire TV App. Downloading and installing the App is as easy as counting 1, 2, 3, and done.
- To accomplish this task to connect Firestick, you are required to use a mobile phone or a tablet.
- Go to the Google Store or App Store.
- Then search Amazon Fire TV App.
- Launch the application when it’s done the downloading and installation process.
- You may see the list of devices or just your TV brand name like Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, or any smart TV.
- After selecting your TV, you must sign in to your Amazon login account.
- For logging in, you must put your Email address or mobile number.
- Then, give your Amazon password to get a login.
- Now, insert the 4-digit Pincode from your screen.
- Well, we hope that your smartphone is connected to your Firestick perfectly.
- Follow the instructions on your screen for finishing as described in the previous method.
Setup Via Alexa Echo Dot
Using an Alexa echo dot is one of the quick and reliable ways to control and organize your Fire Stick.
If you have an Echo device, you just need to give voice commands without getting up from your sitting position.
- Go through your Alexa App on your phone.
- Select the More tabs at the bottom of your mobile screen.
- Select Video & TV under the Alexa Preferences.
- Now, tap Fire TV from the appeared list.
- Now select Link Your Alexa Device option.
Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the setup process.
Finally, you can control your Fire TV stick smoothly by using your voice without a remote.
The process is easy to manage as your devices and Apps are manufactured by Amazon.
Buy New Fire Stick remote
If you feel these methods are complex for tackling your Firestick device and Wi-Fi connection, sometimes everything that seems easy can make you stuck, then you may buy a universal remote.
Or, if you can invest in buying a new physical remote for your Fire Stick, then you can place an online order directly to get a remote from the Amazon warehouse.
Pairing the Replacement Remote
Here are some steps you may follow to pair your new remote. After that, you may use it to handle your Fire TV stick for your wishlist.
- Unplug the Fire TV stick from the power source.
- Wait for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Plug the Fire Stick back and turn ON your TV.
- Please wait until it boots up.
- Press and hold the Home and Select buttons on the Fire stick’s remote.
- Release it when a remote-connected confirmation message appears on the TV screen.
You may follow this method to pair without a remote using the Fire TV app.
- Download and install the Fire TV App.
- Navigate Settings.
- Select Controller & Bluetooth Devices.
- Then, Amazon Fire TV Remote.
- At Last, Add New Remote.
We hope these methods are perfect for Amazon fire stick initial setup without the remote.
You can follow one method that you feel is suitable for creating a Fire Stick setup without using a remote.
You might repeat the process with exact instructions if you fail at once. But we are sure the ending results will be amazing—best wishes to you. Unable to update firestick